Monday, September 5, 2011

New Look and Features for Fall!

I've had this blog for almost two years now and vague plans to overhaul its look for a couple of months, but no time to play around with it until today!

Some new features you've probably already noticed:

"Previously on TKL..." will have my three most recent posts. I was tempted to Photoshop Boone into kimono, but maybe later.


"TKL Book Shop" features dozens of books and more that I've either personally recommended over the last two years, or have four or more stars on Amazon. Let me enable you. ;)


"Featured Photographer" is a monthly slideshow, and for September is geisha photography master Onihide. If you'd like to apply to be featured in October or know someone who should be, please email me and let me know!

"Music from Japan" is a collection of traditional and not-so-traditional Japanese music featuring the shamisen, koto and more. I'm particularly fond of the Yoshida Brothers' shamisen remake of "Nabbed" from The Nightmare Before Christmas. :)

I'm also going to start changing the layout seasonally. We may not have much of a fall in Houston, but I can pretend, right? :D

No comments: