Monday, October 10, 2011

10,000 Free Flights to Japan?

The Internet is abuzz with news the Japanese tourism board is hoping to offer 10,000 free flights to Japan in 2012 in an effort to boost the ailing tourism industry greatly affected by the March 11 disaster and nuclear-plant issues.

While I'm as excited as the next person, please remember that this is all pending budgetary approval by the government. Several sites I've seen are stating this as fact when it's still up in the air.

I'll post again if the plan does get approved and include links on where to apply. If they do go through with it, please let me know if you get one: I'd love to share your travel story here on my blog! :)

(I've already been told I should apply, but having lived there as long as I did I don't think I'm the "new blood" they're after. ;) )

No comments: